Sunday, January 15, 2012

"anything is possible if you just believe"

I'm not so sure the above quote is true. I have officially committed to take a one month hiatus from sweets. A few girls in my ward are doing this, so I thought it would be a good time to (attempt to) harness my ever-growing love for all things sugary. Normally, I would justify my sweet tooth with one excuse or another, but I am inspired this time by my failed attempt to lose my baby fat by the time Kaitlyn was nine months old (1-14-12). (I guess my expectation to let it fall off by itself was unrealistic.) I have to admit that I'm doubting my ability to do this sweets fast for any length of time, but at least I'm going to give it a try. I'm happy to report that today I passed on dessert - Blue Bell Icecream. It was difficult, but luckily I have pretty good momentum seeing as today is only day one. Luckily, I've got support. Every time I have a bad craving for sugar, I am calling my mom. I'm sure that after a while, she'll get sick of my never-ending phone calls and will tell me to get a hold of myself. But that's why I need. The sweets fast will end on Valentines day. I am already thinking of some kind of reasonable dessert I can make for the occasion. By then, I will hopefully have learned some control and will be able to enjoy a sensible dessert. Whew.... Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you are doing this with me:-) It gives me motivation! You can always call me too if you're being tempted by some sugary goodness!!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete